See image in larger detail
To book: https://www.trybooking.com/265770
- Tahitian black pearl, 9.5 mm set in 18K white gold – courtesy of the Costello family
- $300 travel gift voucher courtesy of Mary Rossi Travel
- Flowers of your choice to the value of $250.00 courtesy of Sweet Violets Florist, Lindfield
- Signed original photograph courtesy of Riverview’s Father Jack McLain SJ
- Zjoosh gift pack
- Facial/Body treatments to the value of $200.00 courtesy of Body by Design, Lane Cove
- Perfumes including Chloe’s Love and Calvin Klein’s Euphoria
- Yoga - Namaste at Northbridge and Riverview Boathouse vouchers
- Hand baked “Mary’s House” cake courtesy of Mary Gualtieri
- Young Man designer t-shirt pack (needs packaging)
- Pancake and party pack (needs packaging)
- Home pamper pack (needs packaging)
- Home relish hamper
- Basket of beaut books
- Selection of red wines from Angullong Vinyard, Orange, courtesy of the Crossing Family
- Floral arrangement courtesy of Spotted Orchid, Lane Cove
- Intro Fit Assessment and one personal training session, courtesy of Michelle Roseby, Pro Fitness personal training
Bruce Hambret, Anne-Marie Allgrove, David Walter, Emma Rossi and Chris Freeland
A is for Attorney
The legal profession has been supportive of Mary’s House since it’s inception, and we were delighted Mary’s House was invited to present to law firm Baker McKenzie for International Women’s Day on March 8.
Jimmia Women’s Rescue Centre with Madame Beatrice in red on the far right
To celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8, 2017, Mary’s House is sharing its beautiful friendship with a Women’s Shelter in Kenya, Africa, called the Jimmia Organization Women's Rescue Centre.
Caption: Joan Burford
Mary’s House was provided with a significant bequest in early 2017. It is unexpected and very welcome. The donor was Joan Burford, an esteemed member of the Zonta Club of Sydney North who died 25 May, 2016. Mary’s House is very grateful and thanks Joan for her kind and thoughtful act.
Donations from Sydney North Random Acts of Kindness, Mummies Paying it Forward and St Vincent de Paul help the women get established after leaving Mary’s House.
We often get asked ‘What happens to the women when they leave Mary’s House?’
Our answers vary depending on a woman’s circumstances.
One moved in with her mother, another was able to move back home. And another, perhaps the most frequent occurrence, is to move to transitional housing.
Artwork to raise awareness and funds for Mary’s House Refuge
As part of the exhibition ‘Private Matters’, artist Anne Buckingham has made 20 pairs of art inspired children’s paper thongs. The thongs are based on children’s picture books and their creation highlights the impact of domestic violence on children.
Photo: Bev from Shared with Dignity
During the festive season it’s timely for us to reflect on what has been achieved.
Thinking about the last 12 months with Mary’s House, and considering where we are now – with commitment and hard work, miracles can be made to happen!
Wishing everyone all the love, peace and joy of Christmas.
And special thanks to the following for their recent donations:
It was one of those glorious evenings in Sydney, with a gentle breeze, a setting sun over the Opera House, and 300 young Korean Australians ready to meet and be merry at the Museum of Contemporary Art.
The Korean Australian Young Professionals’ Cocktails for Charity annual event was launched in 2012, and Mary’s House was the 2016 beneficiary.
More Articles ...
- Women in insurance
- White Ribbon Day
- Garden for Mary's House
- Terrey Hills Golf and Country Club Charity Golf Day
- Positively Remarkable People
- A thank you to all who have helped with Mary's House
- Fundraising by Glenwood
- Movie night
- Mater Hospital and Mary’s House partnership
- Renovations works are nearing completion