Mary’s House Services is looking for an experienced social worker who has leadership skills and has worked in the domestic and family violence sector. This role is also part of our leadership team and reports to the CEO.
As a member of the leadership team, the Manager will attend leadership team meetings; collaborate with leadership team members and the CEO on strategic and operational matters; prepare reports for the board and lead strategic projects relevant to her role.
The Manager is not required to hold a client caseload on an ongoing basis, but she must provide casework services to clients when necessary, such as when caseworkers are on leave, or where in the Manager’s opinion, a client or clients require her services. This role is paid at SCHCADS Level 6.
- Want to be part of transforming the lives and futures of women and children who have experienced domestic or family violence and abuse
- Want to work around the lower north shore of Sydney
- Want to be part of an organisation in its growth stage
- Enjoy mentoring and supporting others, and have leadership skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Want to work with committed, passionate colleagues in a friendly and fun work environment where staff wellbeing is a priority
We are looking for someone who ticks the boxes above and has the experience and motivation, to support us in our strategic growth phase which includes providing refuge and casework services to more women and their children.
You should also have:
- Degree-level qualification in Social Work, at a level eligible for membership of the AASW
- More than 8 years’ experience as a social worker, or in a role demonstrated to have equivalent requirements
- More than three years’ experience working in the domestic and family violence sector
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage others in a working environment
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage the collection and reporting on client data, including data of a sensitive nature
- Demonstrated ability to manage a budget
- High level interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and a friendly disposition
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management and prioritisation skills and an ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience managing a women’s refuge or working in a women’s refuge; experience managing an accommodation service, where client safety and wellbeing are factors; and experience managing a team of social workers in the domestic and family violence sector, will all be highly regarded. Candidates who have the ability and willingness to speak publicly on behalf of our organisation when required would also be valued.
ABOUT MARY’S HOUSE SERVICES AND THE ROLE
This role reports to the CEO. The Manager supervises, supports, and guides the professional development of the casework team. She is also responsible for planning, developing, and leading the delivery of our refuge and casework services to women and their children. The Manager oversees and ensures accurate data collection related to our refuge and casework services. Other responsibilities include development of casework and refuge-related partnerships and relationships; administration related to the role; and ensuring our refuge and casework services are delivered safely and are consistent with our organisational values and strategic goals.
Mary’s House Services is a wonderful example of what a community can achieve when it identifies a gap in services and an urgent need for community support. We are a grass roots organisation, providing quality services for women and children who have experienced domestic or family abuse. We offer safety, hope, and empowerment for women and children to rebuild their lives.
Established in 2016 as an independent not-for-profit, we innovate to provide support services in response to community needs. Through Mary’s House refuge, the Daisy Centre, and other services, we offer professional support, accommodation, case management services and therapeutic groups to women, while they navigate options before, during and after leaving an abusive relationship.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT MARY’S HOUSE
- your wellbeing is a priority
- work on the lower North Shore of Sydney
- salary will be based on the SCHCADS (Social Community Home Care and Disability Services) award Level 6
- additional leave at Christmas
- NFP salary packaging – increases your take home pay
- work with colleagues who value respect, compassion, generosity, hope and safety
- you will be part of an organisation supported by a generous community of local supporters
FIND OUT MORE
Please call to speak to our CEO Yvette Vignando on 0490 263 128 to discuss your interest in this role. Enquiries will be answered promptly and be kept confidential. We wish to fill this role as soon as possible.
If you prefer to simply apply now, a position description is available here.
To be considered: please send your detailed resume, and a maximum one-to-two-page cover letter as soon as possible. Your cover letter must address the Essential skills and experience for your application to be considered.
We will interview suitable candidates progressively. However, we know your time is valuable, so before applying, please email email@example.com to check the role is still open.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply. The preferred applicant must undergo a Working with Children and National Police Records Check as a requirement of employment with Mary’s House Services.